By using 11-D, 95% of all common tyre failures can be prevented.
Galloo is one of the leading recycling companies for the recycling of ferrous and non-ferrous metals in all of Western Europe. Its many branches in Flanders, Wallonia and the North of France make for strong roots within this region.
An ecologic approach to recycling
Galloo has coined an industrial converting process to recycle scrap from consumer goods (cars, white and brown goods) and factory scrap in an ecological way. By converting waste products into secondary raw materials, we contribute to a cleaner environment.
A professional approach to recycling
Our goal is 100% valorisation. Up-to-date machinery proves our professional and industrial approach.
- 2 shredders
- 2 balers
- 1 kondirator
- 3 LTRBs
- 3 zerdirators
- 1 flotation line
- 9 shears
Our experienced engineers continue to develop new techniques that enable us to achieve our goal.
Recycling scrap is primarily realised by three machines: the baler, the shear and the shredder. The first two machines only use pure material, such as new production waste, steel strips, heavy scrap iron, …
The shredder processes the other scrap, such as car wrecks, household appliances and the like.
When the material comes out of the shredder, we are left with three fractions:
- shredder iron, immediately ready to use in the steel industry
- shredder residue
- non-ferrous mix
Both the shredder residue and the non-ferrous mix are processed again in one of our very own creations, the LTRB. This treatment breaks up the material, again in different fractions.
- Heavy AFSR (Alternative Fuel from Shredder Residue): mainly rubber and wood that undergo thermal valorisation in the cement industry.
- Inert fraction: implementation in the construction of roads.
- Synthetic fraction: Galloo-Plastics, recycling of material.
- Non-ferrous metals + rocks + copper wire + residual fraction (40%): This material is processed in Galloo Menen, where it is possible to separate the non-ferrous metals from rocks and the residual fraction by means of flotation, amongst other things. The non-ferrous metals are sorted according to sort.
Company Facts and Figures
|Employment from the social economy||150 persons|
|Non-ferrous metals||100,000 tons|
|Shredder residues||275,000 tons|
|Divisions in Belgium||14|
|Divisions in France||23|
|Divisions in the Netherlands||3|
11D and Galloo
11D and Galloo have had a long lasting partnership in the neverending battle against punctures. The wheeled equipment for Galloo needs to be practical and efficient, but it also need to offer some comfort while the immense amounts of material are being moved.
Cranes, bulldozers and other heavy equipment are protected by 11D, as they move about on the hazardous terrain and workspace in Menen, Belgium.